Monday 20 December 2010

Coming out!

Telling the world that you are gay is one of the most dreadful thoughts you will have as a teenager, young adult, married man, father or even pensioner, yet why is it that humanity has it such that we even have to?

Straight people don't have any extra pressure upon their true nature when considering revealing it to others, they're in the lucky boat of being one of those that's considered normal!

It seems to me though that, unbeknown to anyone still in the closet, actually coming out isn't all that bad or in fact the hardest part of it, it is coming out to "yourself" that is indeed the hardest part of this phenomenon and this in itself should be considered a victory once you have done it.

Face it, you've spent so many years trapped in a society full of ignorance and bigotry, that you have pushed away from your own true nature so far that you may have even considered ending your own life because of it, i know i did for many years, but once you start smiling at the fact that you are LGBT, and you don't necessarily have to be part of its' community to enjoy it, you will have found your first victory.

You 1 Society 0

You've opened up the door to eternal happiness, inner peace and self respect; closing the door to lacking self esteem, inner turmoil and submission to others' petty ignorances. Well done!

Oh and then look in the mirror, cos OH MY GOD you are beautiful, and you just might notice it moreso now, after you've done the aformentioned hard part, coming out to yourself!

1 comment:

  1. The whole act of coming out has been stereotyped into a mishmash of horror stories, when truth be told there's no need for all the fear and trepidation. If you can accept who you are, and you can smile about it, screw everyone else, unless they're fat.

    People tend to take almost everything way to seriously, when we should be smiling and laughing, we're worrying, stressing and grinding teeth. When I came out I was worried, yet two things where said which made me bury my worries and feel great.

    1. My mam simply said I had no reason to worry and then popped the kettle on (very British response to any situation)
    2. My grandmother simple said she didn't mind me being gay as she knew a lesbian once

    People should relax and smile more, hence when I die I'll die stress free, failing this my will shall state I be buried with clown make-up on, I'll be buried with a smile on my face even if it kills me

    ReplyDelete